Atlanta Workplace Slip and Fall Attorney
Workers' Compensation Slip and Fall Claims in Georgia
In 2016, slip, trip, and fall accidents were the third largest cause of worker fatalities in the state of Georgia, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Slip, trip, and falls are also the leading cause of traumatic brain injury (TBI) in the United States. At work, employees can fall from ladders, heights, or down stairs, especially if not enough safety measures are in place.
Regardless of how your fall was caused or who was at fault, if you are injured at work you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits under the Georgia Workers Compensation Act (GWCA). As a workplace slip and fall attorney in Atlanta at The Law Office of Arthur E. Snead, LLC, I can help you get the benefits you need to pay for your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
Common Causes of Work Accidents
Falling down may seem like a trivial occurrence, but even a fall from a seemingly innocuous height can result in a serious head injury. This is why all workplaces, from construction sites to offices, should be regularly checked for hazards that might cause someone to trip or slip. Anything from broken scaffolding to a wet floor can lead to a devastating work accident.
More common causes of falls in the workplace include:
- Exposed cables or other obstacles in walkways
- Poor lighting or signage
- Uneven or damaged surfaces, like floors or steps
- Weather hazards
What Should You Do If You Fell At Work?
If you slipped and fell while at work, it's important that you know how to respond in order to ensure your workers' compensation claim is taken seriously. Follow these steps to make sure you don't miss anything:
- Notify your employer of your accident. After receiving medical attention, it's important that you tell your employer what happened so that they can file the appropriate report on your behalf. The longer you wait to report your accident, the less likely your employer will be to believe you or help you file your claim.
- Fill out the forms your employer gives you. After you notify your employer they should give you forms that you should fill out and return them to the workers' compensation administration.
- Hire a professional workers' compensation lawyer. If your claim is denied, or if you believe your employer may have doubts about your claim, it's important that you consult with a professional attorney. We can help you fight for the compensation you deserve!
Benefits You Could Receive
According to the GWCA, you are entitled to receive benefits if you have been hurt at your workplace or while performing your job at another site. These benefits are meant to cover all reasonable and necessary medical expenses related to your injury, including hospital stays, medication, and any follow-up treatment needed.
Georgia also provides additional workers’ compensation benefits, such as:
- Mileage reimbursement for travel to and from the doctor
- Death benefits
- Funeral expenses
Temporary and permanent disability benefits are also available if you are unable to work due to your injury. These programs will cover a portion of your lost wages for a certain period of time depending on the severity of your injury.
Our Workplace Slip and Fall Attorneys Can Help
If you want to ensure you receive the maximum benefits in the shortest amount of time, an Atlanta workplace slip and fall lawyer can help. A skilled Georgia workers’ compensation attorney can help you expedite the process by making sure all paperwork and procedures are properly done the first time around, without the delays and claims denials so common in workers’ comp.
An attorney can also see that you receive all compensation you are owed. Located in Atlanta, The Law Office of Arthur E. Snead, LLC serves clients across the state of Georgia and focuses exclusively on workers’ compensation.
For experienced help and knowledgeable representation regarding your workers’ compensation claim, call me at (404) 800-1181 or contact me online today. As a professional slip and fall lawyer in Atlanta, I can help you fight for your rights.
I Don't Win Unless You Win
You'll Work Directly With Me
Personalized & Passionate Representation
Same Day Appointment Available