Atlanta Workplace Injury Lawyer
Workplace Injuries in Georgia
Not all accidents and injuries are serious enough to require medical treatment or time away from work. But when serious injuries do occur, it is important to understand your rights and options regarding workers’ compensation benefits. That’s easy to do when you contact The Law Office of Arthur E. Snead, LLC.
I offer free initial consultations to all prospective clients across the state of Georgia, and I can assist you with your claim at any step in the process—from initial filing through appeals, if necessary.
Getting Hurt at Work: The Most Common Accidents & Injuries
No matter what kind of work you do, you run at least some risk of being injured on the job. According to state data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Georgia experienced 186 workplace fatalities and more than 77,500 nonfatal workplace injuries in 2018 alone.
Here are some of the most common claims workers’ compensation lawyers encounter:
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents
- Falling from heights
- Repetitive stress or motion-related injuries, including carpal tunnel syndrome
- Injuries caused by overexertion
- Injuries caused by walking into fixed objects
- Being struck by falling or swinging objects
- On-the-job car accidents
- Injuries related to slipping and tripping without falling (known as reaction injuries)
- Becoming entangled in machinery
- Severe back and neck trauma
- Workplace attacks and on-the-job violence
Of course, this is just a partial list. There are countless ways to be injured on the job and even more specific injuries associated with workplace accidents. Most are compensable if they occurred in the scope of employment.
Filing a Workplace Injury Claim
Report any workplace accident that leads to injury to your supervisor as soon as possible. You must do this within 30 days of the incident or you will lose your right to receive workers’ compensation benefits. Make sure to notify your employer in writing and include all the details of your accident, including when, where, and how it occurred.
Your employer should then provide you with the paperwork to file a workers’ compensation claim. In the state of Georgia, you have one year from the date of your accident to complete and submit the paperwork.
Appealing a Workplace Injury Claim
Many workers’ compensation claims get denied, often simply because the paperwork wasn’t filled out correctly. The good news is you have the option of appealing any denied claim. The appeal must be filed within 20 days of the denial notice.
Why Choose The Law Office of Arthur E. Snead, LLC for Your Workers Compensation Claim
At The Law Office of Arthur E. Snead, LLC, we understand the challenges and frustrations that can come with a workplace injury. That's why we are dedicated to helping our clients navigate the complex legal process and obtain the compensation they deserve. Here are a few reasons why you should choose us for your workers compensation claim:
- Experience: With years of experience in workers' compensation law, we have the knowledge and skills to handle even the most complex cases.
- Personalized Attention: We believe in providing personalized attention to each of our clients. We will work closely with you to understand your unique situation and develop a strategy that is tailored to your needs.
- Aggressive Representation: Our team of attorneys is known for their aggressive representation in the courtroom. We will fight tirelessly to protect your rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Contingency Fees: We understand that the cost of legal representation can be a concern for many clients. That's why we offer contingency fees, which means that you don't pay us unless we win your case.
- Compassionate and Supportive: We know that dealing with a workplace injury can be overwhelming. Our team is here to provide compassionate and supportive guidance throughout the entire legal process.
Don't let a workplace injury leave you struggling to make ends meet. Contact The Law Office of Arthur E. Snead, LLC today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your workers compensation claim.
"I had a great experience with Arthur, he was very professional and courteous, prompt to return calls, the process was long, he always made assured, I had a peace of mind, he kept up to date throughout ..."Former Client
"I thoroughly enjoyed working with Arthur! Although the process we were fighting was a tough one to deal with, Mr. Snead always found a way to reassure my peace of mind whether it was a prompt response ..."Former Client
"To whom it may concern, I am taking some time to share my experience with Arthur. The professionalism and courtesy of Arthur was refreshing to deal with. His attention to detail, courteous and ..."Former Client
"Mr. Snead represented my interests in a car accident case. He was very professional and advocated for me through the entire process. I was glad to have him on my side fighting against “big insurance.” ..."Former Client
"Had a great experience working with Arthur! He was able to make everything run smoothly and always helped me understand what was going on without ever making me think I was being pressured into going ..."Former Client
I Don't Win Unless You Win
You'll Work Directly With Me
Personalized & Passionate Representation
Same Day Appointment Available