The Law Office Of
Arthur E. Snead, LLC A Limited Liability Company
Serving clients in Tucker and throughout Metro Atlanta

Frequently asked questions about construction injuries

Construction workers face dangerous job conditions on a daily basis. These dangers include the risk of falling from great heights, suffering injuries caused by objects falling from above, electrocution accidents, heavy machinery-related injuries, crushing accidents, vehicle-related accidents, repetitive use injuries, extreme heat and cold exposure and more.

If you suffer from unacceptably dangerous conditions at a worksite, or if you have been seriously hurt in a construction-related accident, you might benefit from knowing the answers to the following questions:

Can I demand safer working conditions?

Workers who feel that their safety is in danger should notify their supervisors immediately. They should do so both verbally and in writing and keep a copy of their written notice. If the supervisor does not take appropriate action to solve the safety issue, the worker should file a complaint with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) via its website.

Can I receive more than workers' compensation benefits after a workplace injury?

Most full-time construction workers can file a workers' compensation claim to receive money to pay for their medical care and time spent away from work. If the employer was extremely negligent or if a third-party contributed to the worker's injuries, however, then it may be possible to pursue additional damages by filing a personal injury claim in civil court.

Are all construction worker injuries covered under workers' compensation?

Nearly all construction workers who get hurt on the job could benefit from workers' compensation benefits. In fact, it doesn't matter if the worker's negligence or the employer's negligence caused the injury; the employee can still receive workers' compensation benefits. However, there are some limitations to workers' compensation -- particularly if a worker was under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the accident, if the worker was intentionally negligent or engaged in unlawful behavior.

What should I do if I was injured on the job?

Your first course of action after a job-related injury should be to seek immediate medical attention. You should also notify your employer of the injury as soon as possible. Ask your employer how to file a claim for workers' compensation benefits. If your employer does not help you, seek professional assistance immediately. There is a limited time period within which you must file your benefits application.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Verdicts And Settlements

  • Workers' Compensation & Personal Injury
    Settlement in the amount of $275,000.00

    The Employee sustained a fatal crush injury while operating the Employer’s dump truck.

  • Workers' Compensation & Personal Injury
    Settlement in the amount of $205,000.00

    The Employee was involved in a work-related motor vehicle accident (MVA) and sustained injuries to the cervical and lumbar spine.

  • Personal Injury
    Settlement in the amount of $175,000.00

    The Client was driving down a city street when a distracted driver suddenly veered into oncoming traffic, causing a head-on collision in which the Client's left leg was severely injured.

Hear From My Clients

  • “I know God doesn't make mistakes. I met Mr. Snead through my daughter who drove him via Lyft. She told him about me and my case. I contacted him and he was very helpful. He did everything that he said he would do. He's a very friendly and professional. He made me feel more like family and not just another client.”

  • “He is extraordinary with what he does. He is the type of attorney that will sacrifice his percentage just to make sure your physically able to return to work. He also has the friend appearance not just business. He is very thorough. And he explains every step.”

  • “I was in a situation where I couldn't quite decide what to do, in my case a head injury. I contacted his law firm and he immediately assured me that he would help me get my problem solved. Mr. Snead made sure that he kept me up to date on everything. If their was a moment where I didn't understand the process.”

Email Us For A Response

Questions About Your Rights And Legal Options?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Atlanta Office

Atlanta Office
2302 Parklake Drive
Suite 588
Atlanta, GA 30345

Phone: 404-692-6403
Fax: 404-860-1286
Map & Directions

Macon Office
555 Poplar Street
Suite 19
Macon, GA 31201

Phone: 478-721-0784
Map & Directions

Macon Office

* By Appointment Only

Contact Me

Review Us