Arthur is the Managing Member at The Law Office Of Arthur E. Snead, LLC. He robustly advocates for Georgia workers, and has earned victories for his clients, not only in claims mediation, but also in litigation before the Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation, including the Appellate Division. His code of vigorous dedication in legal representation, and his high level of trial experience, distinguish him from many lawyers in the field of workers’ compensation. For his clients, these differences mean an attorney who doesn’t settle for unjust offers, and who isn’t afraid to call the other side’s bluff. Arthur has helped injured workers in a diverse range of industries and professions recoup lost wages and win a greater measure of restoration. Uniting unbiased medical expertise to the power of the law, he checks the dominance of insurance companies, and empowers injured workers with better options for their recovery.
Injured workers who team with Arthur also find in him a respect and tenacity born of his personal, pre-law experience. Before practicing law, Arthur worked as a commercial fisherman in Alaska. His stint as a fisherman was cut short unexpectedly, though, by an injury to his left hand, sustained in a work-related boating accident. Arthur considers his time in Alaska formative, not only because it taught him the meaning of hard work, but also because it contributed to a better understanding and appreciation of his clients’ adversities.
Shortly after leaving Alaska, Arthur entered the Mississippi College School of Law, earning his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree in 2012. While in law school, Arthur worked for the Office of the Mississippi Secretary of State and received American Jurisprudence Awards for his outstanding level of performance in Pretrial Practice, Trial Practice, Appellate Advocacy, Products Liability, Business Bankruptcy, and Law and Economics. Arthur’s dedication to his law studies also earned him the John B. Farese Memorial Trial Advocacy Award and the Mississippi Bankruptcy Conference Award. More recently, in 2018, Arthur was recognized by the Georgia Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star," which is an honor that is only given to the top 2.5% of attorneys in their field of practice as voted upon by their peers.
Arthur credits the early years of his legal career, practicing as an Assistant Public Defender, with seasoning him in the heaviest demands of legal work. He built his expertise in workers’ compensation law as an Associate Attorney at The Law Office of Bryan S. Hawkins, LLC, and stays atop the trends and legal changes that matter for his clients.
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Augusta State University, Augusta, Georgia
- Major: Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, Georgia Super Lawyers
- Top 40 Under 40 - Civil Plaintiff, The National Trial Lawyers
- Lead Counsel Rated
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia, Workers’ Compensation Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Tort & Insurance Practice Section
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Georgia Injured Workers' Advocates
- DeKalb County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- The Law Office of Bryan S. Hawkins, LLC, Associate Attorney, 2015 to 2017
- Office of the Public Defender, Augusta Judicial Circuit, Assistant Public Defender, 2013 to 2015
- Secretary of State, State of Mississippi, Legal Intern, 2011 to 2011
- Mississippi College School of Law, Teacher's Assistant, 2011 to 2012
- Law Call - WRDW, Augusta
- Law Call - WMAZ, Macon